Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Parowan, Utah



















The kids and I just returned from a fun filled weekend in Utah. My in-laws have a lovely home nestled in the small town of Parowan. Upon our arrival we were greeted with four inches of snow and the kids couldn't wait to build a snowman. I wasn't prepared for the freezing cold weather. It was 17 degrees when we first arrived but over the weekend it reached a whopping 50 degrees. Thank goodness I do not live in the mid-west or close to anywhere that drops below freezing on most winter days. Think about all the people who have to dig their cars out of the snow just to get to work, or have to put a snow suit on just to go buy a few groceries. Now I know what the term "snow birds" really means, "get me the heck out of here." But the atmosphere of this quaint little town was quite refreshing. None of the traffic jams or starbucks that you find on every corner in Vegas. We had a great weekend. Our next visit will be after the holiday and we are planning a ski trip to Brian Head. Kaden and Kaiah have expressed their interest in learning how to snowboard.








No comments:

Kent & Jacquie

Kent & Jacquie

Kennedi & Daddy

Kennedi & Daddy
I love my Daddy!

Kaden & Kaiah

Kaden & Kaiah

Mommy & Kennedi

Mommy & Kennedi

Kaiah & Kennedi

Kaiah & Kennedi
sisters forever!